Tuesday 11 May 2010

Clay Day number 4!

I've been really tired today, and cold! Can someone please remind the weather that it is supposed to be summer!! I've been freezing, and after two hours of waiting for the house to warm up I then realised that the radiators are not working! And we have no hot water either! Oh joy! So this evening I have sat huddled up in the kitchen with the oven on and the oven door open, trying to keep warm, and working on my next clay piece.

Keeping with the Woodland theme and using the same clay, I decided to have a break from the trees and started on a squirrel. I must say, I was hoping that I would have this piece made in one day. When Leanne makes her rabbits she makes it look so easy! But I suppose she's been making them for a while and this is my first attempt at a squirrel. It's larger than I intended as well. I seem to have a problem with making small things!



I decided to take a break at this point... because I don't know what I'm doing! Hopefully I'll figure it out and have this piece finished tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kathy L said...

I peaked ahead, you know what you are doing!!!!!!

Undaunted said...

Hehehe! No, I didn't at the time! I find that is usually the best time to stop - when I don't know where I'm going. Then I go back to it with fresh eyes and I'm able to carry on.