Monday 22 September 2008

My First Blog Award!

I'd like to say a very huge thank you to Leanne for giving me my very first blog award! Thank you! Isn't it cute?



And this is what Leanne said about me:

"Undaunted aka Linda is a creative woman reworking her way into the art world with great speed and excitement. I love to see her posts of her new works in paint and in pencil."
Wow, there have been so many times that I have looked at blogs of artists who have received awards and thought "That must be great to know that someone loves what you do enough to give you an award. I hope someone gives me an award one day" I never dreamt that day would come so soon! Thank you Leanne!

And now, in line with the rules, I shall list my seven nominees:

Philippa King's Loaded Brush: Not a blog as such, but it was through viewing Philippa's evocative paintings that I began to discover the real meaning and purpose of art, and felt inspired to return to being creative myself. I shall be eternally grateful to Philippa for that. As much as I love the work of others, Philippa's paintings stir something in me that I can't explain. When I'm a millionaire I shall buy everything she's ever painted!

Jafabrit's Art: With her unique versatility, Jafabrit's art spans all genres and ages. She would be just as at home knitting woolly jumpers for trees in an old people's home as she would spray painting graffiti with the youths from the local rehabilitation centre! Her art is always unique, and she can make something amazing out of just about anything.

Rosa Murillo: Oh my, what can I say about Rosa? I look at her art in amazement and wonder how a person could even come up with something so imaginative. Her mixed media paintings and collages are beautiful. She is also the mother of Found Art Tuesday - a wonderful concept of sharing art with complete strangers to brighten their day.

Kathy LaRocco is also a mixed media artist who paints and uses collage. Again, I can't help wondering how she even comes up with her ideas. Apart from producing work that is absolutely beautiful, I admire Kathy for stretching herself beyond her comfort zone and trying new techniques.

Fur in the Paint by Mona: Mona's work is a very different style to the other blogs that I visit. I first came across Mona's blog when I was searching for tips on how to use oil pastels - and I'm glad I did. She shares some fantastic advice on various topics from framing to selling, and her paintings are amazing. I'm completely fascinated by how she builds up the colour in her pieces, and how her use of "strange" colours on animals always looks so right.

Cynthia's Colorado Art Studio: Cynthia is surely superhuman? She's a Mum, a ceramic artist, and a teacher, she grows tomatoes, and always seems to be experimenting with new glaze recipes, and yet somehow finds the time to blog about her results - extensively! Her use of many different techniques and her tutorials make her blog fascinating as well as educational. And in addition to all that, her pieces are beautiful.

I can't not mention Leanne's Art and Life, even though she has already received this award and was the one who awarded me. I just absolutely love her sculptures. Every time I look at Leanne's blog it makes me want to rip open my bag of clay and get started on something immediately! (Then I look at the mess and lack of space and change my mind!) Her pieces are fun, cute, and definitely inspiring.

Is that 7? Oh ok, I'll have to stop there. For all those who have been awarded, here are the rules:

1) Choose 7 favorite blogs and…
2) Put the logo on your blog
3) Link the person you received your award from
4) Nominate at least 7 other blogs (didn't we already do that?)
5) Put links of those blogs on yours
6) Leave a message on the blogs of the ones you’ve nominated

Sorry if I've waffled on a bit, but I'm sure you'll agree that these are all fantastic blogs.

6 comments:

Kathy L said...

How honored could I be? OMG THank U from the bottom of my heart. Ipromise I will respond when I get some time...We have in-laws with us this wee. :( NO art will get done! 9-22-08
k

Undaunted said...

You are very welcome Kathy! I love your blog!

Ah, inlaws. Somehow they seem worse than children for demanding to be entertained! I look forward to checking out your nominees when you have time.

Anonymous said...

Well Thank you Undaunted! To tell you the truth I have started a comment a couple of times and then scratched the idea. Not sure what to say.

The embarrassing truth is I don't read 7 other blogs to "pass on the love" as it were. I read 3 blogs regularly and one of them is you. So not sure if I qualify. :)

Undaunted said...

Of course you qualify! You qualify because I LOVE YOUR BLOG! So I have chosen you to receive it! If you feel unable to pass it on then don't worry about it, but if you want to display the award on your blog then you should because you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And, thank you at the same time....

I'm honored - I'll have to find a time to insert the award into a post this coming week.

Undaunted said...

Thank you Cynthia, and you're welcome! :)