Sunday 23 May 2010

Clay Day 15 and 16

Well, the vase is coming along... really slowly! I'm having to stop after every coil or two for it to firm up a bit, so I'm kind of working on it off and on throughout the day. I really had trouble with it yesterday. The coils seemed to be drying in my hands and it wasn't blending well. I'm making very short coils as I go along now and keeping the clay well covered in between. I think it must be the heat.


I can't decide what to do with this vase. I don't know whether to leave it quite open at the top and have ivy growing out of it, or whether to put a neck on it and have ivy growing around it, or just forget the ivy, add a couple of nice handles, and carve a Jane Austen design on it. I'm leaning towards the latter just because I don't actually have much of a "collection" of Jane Austen pieces - only a few tiles, and that's it! But I do like the ivy. Whatever I'm doing I'd better do it quickly because I'm running out of time! To think, I put off making a rabbit because I didn't think I would have time, and so far this silly vase has taken me four days!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comments

Kathy L said...

I like your last idea with the handles. Can't wait to see what you come up with. ANd you know that Jane is quite popular!

k

Undaunted said...

You're welcome Emily :) I love your blog and you are amazingly creative!
Thanks Kathy :) Really? Is Jane really that popular? I think I move in the wrong circles! No one I know ever likes the same things as me! But as long as she's popular at the show I don't care! :)