Tuesday 16 December 2008

Monday's Fun

As you know my clay class came to an end last week, but just as Cynthia said, that doesn't mean I have to stop making things! I felt a bit lost last night though, and I have to wonder what I did with my time before clay - I can't imagine life without it now.

Anyway, I thought my Mum's mug looked so much like a plant pot that I decided to make a plant pot in a similar design. Is this how ideas evolve?



If you compare these photo's to the mug in the post below you'll see that the mug is more "upright" for want of a better description. Looking at it now I see that I could have made this plant pot wider still, but sometimes such a small change can make such a big difference, so I wasn't sure how wide to take it. I have made small drainage holes in the bottom of this pot, so I still need to make a little dish for the pot to sit in. I'm trying not to worry too much about the fact that it's wonky, seeing as it will probably shrink and warp anyway!

I keep forgetting to mention the fact that I gave my little coil built pot away. I was a bit nervous as to whether the recipient would like it or not, but she loved it, and said "It's very rustic looking! I love rustic things!" Ahem. So moving swiftly on...

It appears my tutor does more than rustic. Anita spotted this lovely little collection by him at our local theatre. I love that Celadon glaze. I think all of these pieces are made from porcelain. Sorry about the photo's.




This evening I collect my glazed pieces!

No comments: