Thursday 18 December 2008

"I Shall Eat, Drink, and be Merry... "

"... for tomorrow I buy clay!"

That was my motto for the evening, and I stuck to it! It's been a while since I drank any Pepsi so I decided I should probably dilute it with large quantities of Malibu! With that and my chocolate liqueurs I was definitely merry!

Of course that was after I came in from having a lovely time at the life drawing class. I have to tell you, the tutor at that class is so lovely. He is so encouraging and so genuine. He always makes me feel so important, and although he is a great artist and I am just a learner, he treats me as an equal. I've only met him four times, but each time I like him even more.

He didn't know about my art college rejection, but one night, after admiring a couple of my early portraits, he said to me: "Don't go to art college - it will ruin you". I felt ten feet tall as he really made me feel that I was too good to go to art college!

Tonight I mentioned my clay class and the fact that my tutor there won't let me use my own glazes. Although he knows my tutor and likes him as a person, he didn't try to justify his decision, he just simply said: "Then that class isn't for you". He recognises the importance of being able to grow in your own direction, and that is what is so great about him.

So after all that waffling I suppose it's about time I showed you what I drew tonight!


Hmm... I see now that her body gradually got bigger as I went down! Oh well, I'll claim it as my style and that will make it ok!

Let me just say a huge thank you to Queen Crafty Girl as well. I was so moany again in my last post and she was so encouraging in her comments. Thank you Queeny! You really are something special.


B6 sketch stick on A4 heavyweight paper.


PS. Oh yeah, I forgot - this was my lovely dinner in my new roasting dishes! Yum yum!

5 comments:

queencraftygirl said...

Hi Un D,
I am so glad I could encourage you! Thank you for your kind words in thanking me. (You are special too.) Your new teacher sounds really kind and encouraging! I am glad you have him.

Love,
Queeny
(Your new dishes look great! especially with yummy food in them!)

Undaunted said...

Thank you Queeny :)

My life drawing tutor isn't really new exactly, it's just a different class, but I'm glad I have him too! It makes such a difference when you have people around you who believe in you.

queencraftygirl said...

Hey Un D,
I noticed the snow background on your blog! Its really neat! Can you tell me how to have a snow background also?

Love,
Queeny

Undaunted said...

Thanks Queeny! I'm glad you like it! I love snow, so I'm going to leave the snow on my blog until spring! I got it from this website Just click the botton on there that says "Add snow effect to your blogger blog"

queencraftygirl said...

Thanks!! I have it on my blog now. I looooove it!

Love,
Queeny