Friday 2 May 2008

Creatively Satisfying

Yesterday was a very creatively satisfying day for me. I managed to paint a set of three paintings in one evening. Whilst the design is very simple I think the results are very effective.



Painting this set was so enjoyable and a real confidence booster for me – it was quick, easy, and I’m really happy with the results. I was in need of a bit of a boost because, as I mentioned in my last post, I’ve been working on some paintings but still have nothing to show for my efforts. One of them is a larger version of the earlier Found Art piece “Dawn on the Blue Planet”. My husband thought the black circle looked like the pupil of an eye, and he liked the piece so much that he asked me to paint it for him. I thought it would be a relatively simple piece to paint, but the first time I painted the earth I didn’t like the angle of the shading, and the second time I painted the earth it wasn’t central in the pupil. So now I’ll have to paint it for a third time, but let me tell you; geography is not my strong point!

The other painting is the infamous “Cloud Nine” which I decided to have another go at the other night. I’m now wondering if I should do away with their hair and just have a couple of faces floating around in the sky! I should have left this one alone a long time ago…


Sunrise – matt emulsion on canvas, 40cm x 50cm x 3
Any suggestions on how to "fix" this piece would be greatly appreciated. Should I use varnish for water colours?

2 comments:

Leanne Pizio said...

Nice job Un D!
The planet really comes out at you.
And I love the colors also.
Leanne

Undaunted said...

Thank you Leanne.

I've been playing with ideas for a triptych piece for my sister in law, so these are the colours of her living room. I had drawn a few pieces out to show her, but this one didn't really appeal to her, but I liked it so much I decided to paint it anyway! I'm glad you like it too.