Monday 25 February 2008

Alterations

I’m sorry to say that I haven’t started anything new recently. I started a portrait one evening, nearly four weeks ago now, and haven’t touched it since! One thing I have been doing is touching up “finished” paintings. I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing.

Both “She’s on Fire” and “Cloud Nine” have really been bugging me. They were irritating to look at because they didn’t seem right somehow.

In “She’s on Fire” I felt that her elbows needed to be raised slightly. Of course, once I had done that I then needed to try to blend the background in, which was easier said than done and resulted in me changing quite a lot of the background. The camera doesn't show the true colours at all.



In “Cloud Nine” I raised her jaw line slightly, and I’ve changed the shading on his face because I think people thought the shading was actually his jaw line and so kept telling me his face was too small and hers was too big. I’ve also tried to make their hair wispier around the edges – they are supposed to be cloudy after all.




Any suggestions are always very welcome, except anything along the lines of “Don’t give up your day job!”

In other news, I have been trying to find an evening class to attend but so far haven’t had any success.

No comments: