Monday 18 February 2008

Found Art Tuesday

Ok, please don’t laugh at me… alright, you can if you like. I really wanted to have a go at this Found Art thing; it’s such an exciting idea. What a lovely way to brighten someone’s day!

So, the theme this week is History (see Found Art Tuesday in the side bar). When I think of history I think of old sepia photographs of family groups, or cobbled lanes and old buildings – none of which I am capable of painting yet, and if I was it would involve too much effort to leave on a park bench!

I thought about the history of our town. This area was at one time well known for its shoe and boot industry, and actually some of the film “Kinky Boots” was filmed in a village not far from here. So I put together… (drum roll please)… Bootylicious!



It’s not a very… vegetarian-friendly looking piece is it?

This is my third attempt – the first one looked like a Christmas stocking, and I tried flowers on the second one but they were hideous! The cow and pie represent things from our town’s history as well – the cattle markets and the pie factory – all things that are long gone. And I got to use some of my canvas from the discarded Red piece!

Anyway, I plan to meet up with Anita tomorrow who has also made a piece for Found Art Tuesday, and we will decide where to leave our pieces!


In other news, I finished another painting today which I will post a picture of later this week.

Acrylic on card.

4 comments:

jafabrit said...

This is fun, I like it and I like the message.

When I do found art I try to remember not to make it time intensive and expensive materials.

I haven't kept up with Found art tuesday, but considering the major snowfall it is just as well. Would not have been able to leave any art today.

Undaunted said...

Thank you Jafabrit. I will try to keep in mind the points you have made too.

It's a shame you couldn't leave anything for anyone today but... it's Wednesday!?

jafabrit said...

Might add some more to the knitknot tree, after meeting with some jafagirls in town. We will be working on ideas for found art friday in town next month.

Undaunted said...

Ooh, that sounds exciting! I shall look out for news on that!