Friday 8 February 2008

She’s on Fire

Inspired by the Craig David song of the same name, this is my first happy piece! I have deliberately not painted any feet as I felt they would dictate which way she was facing, and I wanted to leave it up to the viewer’s imagination to decide if this is a side-on view of her back or her front. Also, does she have one leg straight and one slightly bent, or is she stepping one foot in front of the other?




This began as a fairly easy project and then turned into a complete nightmare. The fire seemed to lose its “fire” and began to look dingy, and the hands looked like E.T’s. By the time I had finished it I wished I had painted her with her wrists tied together and entitled it “Death by Fire”! I’m happy with the outcome now though. Unfortunately I don't have much of a talent for photography! The colours are deeper than in the photo.

This 5th painting was provisionally completed in the early hours of 6th February. Acrylic on canvas, 50cm x 40cm.

No comments: