Saturday 24 April 2010

Kiln day!

Well, today is the day that I get my kiln. I must say, I thought I would be more excited than this, but I'm finding it hard to get enthusiastic about anything with this lingering chest problem. Yesterday evening Anita helped me clear a space for it in our conservatory, which nearly killed me, and later today I will be travelling half way across the country and back in a van, when I'd much rather be in bed! I'm not sure this is what is meant by "suffering for your art" though :)

Scott keeps giving me loads of sympathy while I cough my lungs inside out, but I keep thinking "How can you feel sorry for me? I've just bought a whopping great big kiln!" Ahh, poor Linda, she's got a new kiln... ?

So in exactly 4 weeks time is the deadline for entries for the art fellowship exhibition. What better time to start the 28 day challenge again? After seeing how it helped Kathy to prepare for her show, it seems like a very good idea... I just need to get well! Being ill is so... inconvenient! But I shall give it a go... again. At least I have some incentive now.

And on the subject of the 28 day challenge, I have to say a big congratulations to Kathy for completing it! Well done Kathy!!

Photo's of my kiln to follow later today :)

3 comments:

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Great that you got a kiln! Be very careful with that chest cough. I'm pretty sure H1N1 hit me last year. It's been 6 months and I still have a bit of wheezing. Take it easy. You can enjoy your kiln when your feeling better.
~ Cindy

Monique said...

You went out and bought it!! Good for you!!
In the meantime I wish you good health, take care ok?

Undaunted said...

Thank you Cindy, that is very sensible advice. Did your flu maybe trigger asthma?

Thank you for your well wishes Monique!