Sunday 10 August 2008

Look What the Postman Brought Me!

Ok, I cheated - I kept forgetting to photograph my book, so I took the image from Amazon.com, where you can also buy it.

I bought this book on the recommendation of Cynthia, and I have to say, it looks amazing! Not only does it explain the properties of different types of clay, list firing temperatures, and recipes for glazes, but it also tells you how to build your own kiln! Hmmm... yes, I think an eight foot square kiln built of bricks would look rather nice in the garden... and it would make a great barbeque! I could just throw a few chops in there while I'm waiting for it to cool down...

So I'm glad that came before my ceramics course starts in September. I've also bought some atrixo hand cream, which my sister absolutely swears by, in preparation for the dry hands that I'm going to get!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a terrific book with a lot of really practical information for anyone interested in clay!

Too fun - I can't wait to hear about your clay class.

Undaunted said...

Thanks Cynthia. I can't wait until the classes start!

Connie said...

That is by far the best book on clay!!!

Peace & Love.

Undaunted said...

It does look very informative. Do you work with clay as well Connie?