Monday 11 May 2009

More Glazing

Sorry for the long delay but we didn't have a class last week due to the bank holiday. I've also been struggling with depression so I haven't felt able to work on any pieces at home. My mood seems to be lifting now though and I was back to class tonight, so hopefully I'll have more to share with you in the coming weeks.

I did more glazing at class tonight, but it seems to take forever with these brush on glazes. The time goes so quickly! So I finished glazing the piece I started glazing last time I was at class and one other piece. I should be able to bring them home next week. I really can't see me being able to finish glazing either Polo or Swanee in one class, and after next week we have yet another bank holiday, so I decided to bring them home to glaze, and then I shall take them to class to be fired next week. I've ordered my glazes and they should be delivered tomorrow. My hope is to have these pieces finished in time to enter them into an exhibition organised by the FPAA.

Just for Mona, here is Polo and Swanee, bisque fired and unglazed. They were cuddling up on the sofa together tonight.


Please send me your happy glazing vibes!

5 comments:

cynthia said...

So sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down...sending you a virtual hug ((Linda))

Your sculptures turned out terrifically - I think your idea to glaze them at home is a good one - don't rush it.

Undaunted said...

Thank you for the virtual hug Cynthia :)

I'm impatient to glaze them, but scared at the same time! Some of it will have to be pretty precise, and I want to get it right!

mona said...

I must say I was excited to see them. :) Thanks. They look soooo good.

I am also sorry to hear about your depression. Glad your feeling a bit better now. Budda and I send Happy thoughts your way.

Leanne Pizio said...

They look wonderful Linda!
Wowo! Can't wait to see them glazed.
I am glad to hear you are on the upswing. I am sending you mucho good glazing and spirit lifting vibes your way.

Undaunted said...

Thank you Mona and Leanne :)

I can't believe how different I feel now. I've still not managed to get any clay things done though because I've had such a hectic week! Hopefully soon.